Freelancer.com CEO, Matt Barrie, wins Ernst & Young Technology Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Recently Freelancer.com announced their CEO, Matt Barrie, has recently been announced the recipient of Ernst & Young’s, Young Technology Entrepreneur of the Year.
“This is a great honour, to be recognized by the leading lights in Australia’s business and startup communities,” said Barrie. “I want Freelancer.com to be Australia’s first big consumer Internet company, like eBay, Facebook or Google. Those companies changed the world and brought us all closer together and our mission is to have the same lasting impact,” Matt Barrie concluded.
Matt Barrie exceeded in the six judging criteria’s, entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, personal integrity and influence.
Ernst & Young announced the winners recently at an awards ceremony in Victoria, Australia. Other recipients from the awards night include:
- Iinet Founder, Michael Malone – Entrepreneur of the Year and Listed category winner
- Siemsen group, Brian Siemsen – Emerging category winner
- RedBalloon, Naomi Simson – Industry category winner
- McMahon Services, David McMahon – Services category winner
- Miracle Babies Foundation, Melinda Cruz – 2011 Social Entrepreneur.
To view more information about the Ernst & Young Awards can be viewed here.