InnoCentive Announces Big Changes
Recently InnoCentive announced their Top Solvers for 2010 and two major enhancements to their Challenge platform.
The 2010 Top Solvers comprised of sixteen individuals from seven countries and include:
- New honourees represented from the USA, Switzerland, India, Belgium and Russia, and
- Multi-year winners represented from the Russia, Finland, Russia and Canada
Challenges solved by Top Solvers in 2010 included:
- Crop Growth Simulation Models
- Design Heart Implantation of a Medical Device
- A challenge for NASA to help Keep Food Fresh in Space
- Creating Synthetic DNA Management Software
- Finding Novel approached to protecting maize from insect damage
- Measuring and predicting the performance of a research and development organisation
Amongst the recent announcements, InnoCentive have announced the introduction of the Challenge Referral Program and “InnoCentive Anywhere” Mobile Challenge Delivery System which both endeavour to tap into a massive, untapped global talent pool.
The Challenge Referral Program allows Solvers to act as “Connectors” and earn awards when they refer Challenges to individuals who they believe has the best ability to solve the Challenge. InnoCentive advised almost every public InnoCentive Challenge has referral awards ranging from $500 to $10,000. Further details on the InnoCentive Challenge Referral Program can be found here.
InnoCentive Anywhere is a new platform available on Android and iOS operating systems which will allow Solvers, Connectors and the general public to follow and share InnoCentive Challenges. InnoCentive advises the new InnoCentive Anywhere will provide a convenient way for individuals to monitor Challenge postings and share them with their friends and social communities. Details of the InnoCentive Anywhere application can be found here.
“I applaud our Solvers’ efforts, particularly those that took top honours in 2010. We wouldn’t be successful today if it were not for the extraordinary efforts of our Global Solver Community, which now reaches into the millions,” said Dwayne Spradlin, CEO of InnoCentive. “I’m also thrilled to announce the new enhancements to our Solver program, which will both extend the reach of our Challenges to millions of additional Solvers and improve their user experience by offering new awards for referrals and better access to Challenge information."